Privacy & Data Protection
In the course of
providing our services, we at Menawan.com.my respect the privacy and
confidentiality of our customers’ personal data and are committed to ensuring
that all personal data provided to us remains secure and is only utilised for
purposes that our customers have consented to. We have implemented policies,
practices and process to safeguard the collection, use and disclosure of the
personal data provided to us in compliance with the applicable personal data
We only collect, process and manage such data to provide services requested by you, understand your needs and to enhance the services we provide to you. We only provide such information to our merchant partners where necessary to allow us to verify and track your rewards. For example, cookies are used to track your transactions with our merchant partners in order to enable us to validate and credit cashback into your Menawan.com.my account.
Any other data provided is limited to an aggregate level.
Set-out below is our detailed personal data protection policy to inform you how we manage, collect, use and disclose personal data relating to you and other users of our website, App Store App, Android App , Google Chrome Extension and Telegram bot.
Menawan.com.my reserves the right to modify and update this Privacy and Data Protection Policy at any time to ensure that it is consistent with industry trends and/or any changes in legal or regulatory requirements. Any changes to this policy will be published on our website. Subject to your rights at law, your continued use of our services constitutes your agreement to be bound by the prevailing terms of the Privacy and Data Protection Policy as updated from time to time on our website.
Please note that you may withdraw your consent to our collection, use and disclosure of your information at any time. However, do note that if you withdraw your consent to our use and/or disclosure of personal data relating to you, we may not be able to continue to provide our products and/or services to you or perform on any contract we have with you. Our legal rights and remedies are expressly reserved in such event.
This Privacy and Data Protection Policy and your use of this website shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the country which you are in.
If you have any queries, comments or concerns, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In this Privacy and Data Protection Policy, “Personal Data” refers to any data or information, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified from that data, or from that data and other information to which Menawan.com.my has or is likely to have access and is transmitted to or accessible through the services, including data in our records as may be updated from time to time.
The Personal Data that Menawan.com.my may collect from you will depend on the products, services, and promotions that you use or subscribe to. Menawan.com.my collects this data to enable our services and our platforms to function properly and to help us better understand how they work on different devices, platforms and browsers. Menawan.com.my may collect Personal Data relating to you when you:
- Leave your contact details with us after visiting or using our websites, Mobile Apps, Telegram bot, or make enquiries via any other portal
- Register for our services and/or submit any forms relating to any of our products and services.
- Sign up for alerts or newsletters or respond to our marketing collaterals e.g. advertisements, brochures or flyers.
- Contact us with enquiries or interact or communicate with us or our employees, e.g. via our online interface, Telegram bot, email, telephone calls, faxes, text messages or face-to-face meetings.
- Participate in competitions, lucky draws, surveys, or other such activities.
- Submit your CV and job application forms to us or Submit your CV to recruitment firms or job portals, who in turn forward the same to us.
- Are referenced to us by business partners or third parties.
The Personal Data collected may include information relating to your:
- Identity: This includes your full name, e-mail address, date of birth, phone number, device ID, IP address, and payment-related information (e.g. bank account details or details of your account with a payment service provider such as PayPal).
- Interactions with us: This includes recordings of your phone calls with us, emails you sent, and other records of any contact you have with us.
- Account: Details relating to your Menawan.com.my account.
- Use of our services: This includes using cookies, our other browser related methods to track information relating to your interaction with our and our merchants’ websites (e.g. the pages within our website that you visit, the time spent on those pages, items and information searched on our site, access time and dates, webpages you were visiting prior to our site, and information relating to clicks and redirects).
- Preferences: This includes details that you have shared with us as to how you would like to be contacted, and your preferred products and brands.
- Location: Some of the services we provide depend on your location. In order to work, those services need to know your location. Whenever you open and use or interact with our platforms on your mobile device or otherwise, we use the location information to tailor our services to your location. The services use your various devices’ ‘background location’, including to send you notifications of offers / plans / interesting things near you. If you have ‘background location’ turned on, our platforms will from time to time tell us about your device’s location even if you are not directly interacting with our platforms.
collecting the above Personal Data directly from you or your authorised
representatives, Menawan.com.my may also collect Personal Data from third
parties (such as our business partners, Google, social media providers, or
fraud-prevention agencies), or from publicly available sources.
In addition, Menawan.com.my uses “cookies”, which are small data files sent to your browser to store and track information about you when you enter our website. The cookie is used to track some of the information mentioned above relating to the use of our services.
If you select the option to turn off the processing of cookies, this may result in the loss of functionality, restrict your use of the website, and/or delay or affect the way in which it operates. In particular, it would not allow us to track your transactions with our merchant partners and this would mean that we would be unable to credit you with cashback or otherwise provide you with the products and services that you have requested.
When you register as a user on Menawan.com.my, we will also use Personal Data that you have provided to send you promotional e-mails from time to time so as to update you about the latest offers, rewards, deals, products, or services from Menawan.com.my or our preferred partners. You can unsubscribe from our promotional e-mails at any time through the unsubscribe function within the promotional e-mails.
Information and Third Party Consent
You should ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true, and correct. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with the products and services that you have requested.
Furthermore, when you provide us with any Personal Data relating to a third party (including your spouse, children, parents, and/or employees), you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the third party to provide us with their Personal Data.
You can update your personal information any time by accessing your account on Menawan.com.my website. If there is any Personal Data relating to you which you wish to make corrections to and that you are unable to update through the Menawan.com.my website, you may contact us at email@example.com
Menawan.com.my ensures that all Personal Data collected will be safely and securely stored and has implemented stringent measures to secure and protect your information. These include:
- Using a secure, encrypted 128-bit SSL connection on all our web pages where you transmit Personal Data. 128-bit SSL encryption is the industry standard and is approximated to take at least one trillion years to crack.
- Ensuring that Personal Data relating to you is only stored on servers with proper safeguards to prevent security breaches.
- Limiting access of information in our systems.
- Implementing strict verification processes to prevent unauthorized access to Personal Data.
- Securely destroying your personal information when it’s no longer needed for our business or legal processes.
Use of Personal
Menawan.com.my will not use Personal Data relating to you for purposes other than what we have informed you, or which we are permitted or required under local law and regulations. We will only retain Personal Data relating to you for only as long as there is a business or legal need. We do not sell or trade Personal Data collected online with third parties.
We may use Personal Data relating to you to:
- Administer the services we provide you, including fulfilling and processing your orders and cashback. This would include using Personal Data relating to you to track your transactions with our merchant partners, credit cashback rewards into your Menawan.com.my account, and process the necessary payments associated with such transactions. It would also include using Personal Data relating to you to activate or deactivate services, provide you with additional products, services, and benefits (such as promotions, loyalty programmes, or reward programmes), and administer (at times in conjunction with our preferred partners) promotional events, contests, competitions, and corporate social responsibility projects.
- Enhance the services we provide you, including investigating complaints, claims and disputes, improving site and service performance and the delivery of our services, such as when you make inquiries into and provide feedback on our quality of service. We may also use Personal Data relating to you to conduct understand your preferences, develop new products and services, or personalize or otherwise improve the products and services we offer you. It would also include using Personal Data relating to you to deliver relevant advertising (such as that involving details of our or our preferred partners’ products, services, special offers, and rewards), either to our customers generally, or which we have identified may be of interest to you in particular, to deliver periodic newsletters to you with your prior consent or if otherwise permitted under local laws and regulations, or to promote benefits and offer rewards and promotions that you qualify for.
- Provide customer service, including responding to requests and enquiries made by you (or persons authorised by you), providing you with directory assistance, and providing you with updates relating to our products, services, or policies.
- Ensure security and compliance in our provision of services. This includes using Personal Data relating to you to detect and prevent fraud and other crimes (e.g. by conducting checks against money laundering, terrorism financing and related risks), conducting internal audits, or otherwise meeting legal, regulatory and other requirements (including providing assistance to law enforcement, judicial, and other government agencies, responding to regulatory complaints, making relevant disclosures to regulatory bodies, conducting audit checks, due diligence and investigations, and taking steps which Menawan.com.my considers necessary in the event of a lawsuit or potential lawsuit). It would also include using Personal Data relating to you for the purposes of security and risk management and to ensure the safety and security of our properties and systems.
- Process job applications, in the recruitment and selection and processing and administering employment records.
We may share Personal Data relating to you with:
- Menawan.com.my’s business partners, vendors, agents, and service providers who we work with to deliver services you have subscribed to. This would include merchant partners, payment service providers, third party service providers engaged in connection with marketing promotions and services offered by Menawan.com.my or its preferred partners, and third party service providers who provide operational services to Menawan.com.my (such as telecommunications, information technology, payment, printing, billing, payroll, processing, technical services, training, market research, call centre or other services to Menawan.com.my). It also includes our professional advisers such as auditors and lawyers.
- In the event of an actual or prospective business asset transaction (such as any merger, acquisition or asset sale), any business partner, investor, assignee, or transferee for the purposes of facilitating such a transaction.
- Relevant regulators, statutory boards or authorities, or law enforcement agencies as required by any laws, rules, guidelines, and regulations or schemes.
Personal Data is
disclosed to the above only for relevant purposes (please refer to those
mentioned in this Policy) or to protect the interests of our customers.
In exceptional circumstances, Menawan.com.my may also be required to disclose Personal Data relating to you, where there are grounds to believe that disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, or for law enforcement purposes.
In some cases, we encrypt, anonymize, and aggregate the information before sharing it. Anonymizing means stripping the information of personally identifiable features. Aggregating means presenting the information in groups or segments eg. age groups.
We will also ensure that overseas organisations we work with observe strict confidentiality and data protection obligations.
Your Access to
Your Personal Data
If you wish to access the Personal Data that we have relating to you, inquire about the ways in which Personal Data relating to you has been or may have been used or disclosed by Menawan.com.my within the past year, or wish to withdraw your consent to our use of such Personal Data, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will seek to attend to your request as best as we reasonably can. Kindly note however that we may have to charge you a reasonable administrative fee for retrieving Personal Data relating to you.